PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro in Lion Developer Preview 3

skenchand503
May 17, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm a mac user in Hong Kong, and a I've a trouble about Final Cut Pro in Lion Developer Preview 3.

I've upgraded the Lion though Software Update, but after the update, Final Cut Pro always crash when I launch it. Do anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for all. And sorry that my english isn't good enough.

AWallen90
May 17, 2011, 08:39 PM
Send a report to Apple when it crashes.

Outsider
May 17, 2011, 08:42 PM
I would file a bug report with apple. You can always try reinstalling your test machine from scratch and installing FCP on Lion.

Good thing this is a test machine you're working on. Imagine if this was your production machine and you were screwed?!

one1
May 17, 2011, 11:21 PM
I was able to duplicate your issue by installing Final Cut pro onto my DP3 and it did crash on opening as well. FYI.

skenchand503
May 18, 2011, 12:25 AM
I would file a bug report with apple. You can always try reinstalling your test machine from scratch and installing FCP on Lion.

Good thing this is a test machine you're working on. Imagine if this was your production machine and you were screwed?!

This is a test machine also a production machine. Luckily I've backup a full SL system to my external

Outsider
May 18, 2011, 09:15 AM
This is a test machine also a production machine. Luckily I've backup a full SL system to my external

That's what I normally do. You're right though, to be fully testing a new OS, you have to run it like a production machine to be able to test real world conditions. Luckily I keep a complete backup of my user files and have a contingency plan to restore to a workable state if things go tits up.

skenchand503
May 18, 2011, 02:45 PM
That's what I normally do. You're right though, to be fully testing a new OS, you have to run it like a production machine to be able to test real world conditions. Luckily I keep a complete backup of my user files and have a contingency plan to restore to a workable state if things go tits up.

So do you use FCP crash in Lion DP3???