PDA

View Full Version : Monolingual and Lion?

JuicyJones
May 18, 2011, 01:05 PM
I used Monolingual on Leopard and Snow Leopard but am hesitant to use it on Lion because it is a developer build. Has anyone used this to get rid of language packs, etc with positive results?

Mr. Retrofire
May 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
I used Monolingual on Leopard and Snow Leopard but am hesitant to use it on Lion because it is a developer build. Has anyone used this to get rid of language packs, etc with positive results?

Use HFS-compression! Problem solved!

maflynn
May 19, 2011, 06:24 AM
I never really embraced using monolingual, the savings from removing the language packs never really gave me enough space to offset the risk of impacting the stability of the system. I mean hard drive prices are so low now a days it makes little sense to worry about a gigabyte or two of savings.

hollerz
May 19, 2011, 08:28 AM
I never really embraced using monolingual, the savings from removing the language packs never really gave me enough space to offset the risk of impacting the stability of the system. I mean hard drive prices are so low now a days it makes little sense to worry about a gigabyte or two of savings.

Now that hard drive prices are so cheap, they've moved us onto the more expensive (but admittedly better) SSD's, so I wouldn't be so sure ;)

Fishrrman
May 19, 2011, 09:48 AM
"I used Monolingual on Leopard and Snow Leopard but am hesitant to use it on Lion because it is a developer build. Has anyone used this to get rid of language packs, etc with positive results?"

Seems to work fine for me.
YMMV....