Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
I don't have the information you're looking for, but I commend you for the thread title. You'll be sure to get the answer soon due to many thread-views... ;)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Macaddicttt said:
I don't have the information you're looking for, but I commend you for the thread title. You'll be sure to get the answer soon due to many thread-views... ;)

Well, he got my interest with that title. Move this to the "Pictures" section and see what happens...

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
this isn't something from tiger is it? I haven't seen anything like it previewed or in any of the keynotes. I think its an impressive effect, willing to bet it has some fairly high hardware requirements, which is what i like to see! INNOVATE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
I have definatley used the effect in FCP, and keynote 2, etc... Is there any way this could be used as an expose feature, it would be a lot more creative then the current expose?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I was also very curious regarding the tittle. Very interesting that it involves GarageBand.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
i can just imagine how many people i could transfer over to mac just by showing them that effect in an expose feature. Everyone already is amazed by the regular expose stuff, and its not even that ellaborate.

I really dont think that its a Final Cut Pro effect that they are using when they do that in the video, because it appears a seperate program pops up in the upper left corner text when its used.

Kurt
_

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
The effect is probably something that can already be done in Quartz for Panther. Tiger's Core Image/Core Video routines will probably have something like this built-in, I'd hope.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
I am willing to bet its built in already as well, when panther came out apple introduced the 3d cube effect on the user switching, and that isn't any more processor intensive then the page peel would be i dont think. I mean keynote 2 uses both? I think it would be great to see because as of now there is no 3d expose features. They will be adding Dashboard, but that is flat as well.

I'm sure if this was going to be included in Tiger Steve would have wow'ed the crowd with it at a keynote for sure. Who knows though?

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
I think you all are crazy. It just looks like a FCP effect to me. I have no idea what the other program is in the "upper-left corner" of the screen that you are talking about. Looks to me like they simply folded the still shot of the last frame of the Logic video, and played the GB video behind it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.