View Full Version : Problems with Logic 9 & BOSS GT-10
May 21, 2011, 02:56 PM
Not sure if there is another thread on this, hopefully someone can direct me to the right one. Recently acquired Logic 9 for my MacBook Pro. I want to record guitar tracks and export them and import them into ProTools.
I am connecting my BOSS GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor through MIDI via USB. My Mac and Logic recognizes the MIDI interface, however, there's no sound in the Output. Can anyone help me out in this? I have projects that I need to work on and time is money.
May 21, 2011, 04:00 PM
It sounds like you're expecting sound to be transmitted over Midi? (Which of course it won't).
Does the GT10 contain an audio interface too - and have you assigned it to a track so that you can record it?
May 21, 2011, 06:34 PM
You need to go Guitar > Boss > Soundcard.
Set it up the same way you would plug into an amp except the cable goes into a soundcard / audio interface instead of an amp!!
MIDI is not sound!!!
I use an Apogee Duet to get my guitar sounds into logic
Jul 4, 2011, 07:24 PM
hi, unsure if it is still an issue, but i'll walk through exactly how i've set mine up just incase. :)
- GT10 into USB port of macbook
- plug in guitar as normally would through an amp etc
- check on the GT10, system > USB... driver mode: standard, monitor cmd: disable, dir. monitor: on (other settings may work, this is just what i see)
- in logic, set the input on the audio track to unput 1 and check in preferences > audio that input is GT10 and output is usually built in output (unless you have a separate output)
- arm the track in record or monitor (the orange 'i' symbol)
i can't think of anything else that could be altered, nor any reason why it doesn't work. if it still doesn't, i can go into more detail if necessary.
Feb 23, 2013, 03:32 AM
YES!!!! i need it! please~ :)