Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
it sounds sooooo improbable...

why would they even think about 2 button's to do the job of one??

and why would you want a desktop computer on battery?? just pay a little more and you get all of it + screen as iBook :-D

why did they put the powerbutton on the back?? technicity & easthetics off course... now the front only has the slot in it & since all the connectors are on the back I guess its easier/cheaper to make that on the motherboard of this tiny computer...

and don't tell me you can't reach the back of this tiny computer :p
+ button's on top?? not good if you make some stuff to put your monitor on top

if they would make something like this they would fit it underneath add the button upfront & add a FW/USB hub kinda thing in there wouldn't they???

we'll never see this as it is pictured on the site...

J

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Worse yet, the power switch is inconveniently located on the back of the minuscule Mac. That's right - not on the front like Power Macs or CRT iMacs, not on the side like eMacs, and not on the top like the ill-fated Cube. You have to reach all the way around the 6.5" square computer to turn on the power.

This is the funniest part of the story. The sad part is I read a magazine review that list the power button being in the back of the mini a con. Yeah ok, having to reach all the way around the 6.5" square computer to turn on the power is a real pain in the ass. :rolleyes:

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
It *IS* fake...

That column on LEM is a spoof rumor column. Look at the archives for it. (It's 'The Rumor Mill', by 'Anne Onymous'.)

It is as fake as fake can get. Yeah, they try to give a good convincing fake once in a while, but the majority of the rumors are obvious fakes.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
mkrishnan said:
For those readers for whom English is not the first language, I think the American consensus is that this is a *JOKE*. :D

yes English might not be my first language (american english that is, because I know Monty Python English allready for a long time, thats why my MacOS isn't and never has been in Dutch, only in English) and I knew this is a joke, but I wanted to write my comment for those who didn't saw the joke and would still think about it as real, thus telling them Why this will never happen...

PS: for what its worth (nukes now started to pbe pointed on my house too because GWB will think I'm a terrorist too?) you americans re-elected mr Bush... please tell me this is a joke :d
PPS: its not that I dislike americans... I dislike it when their president wants to play sherrif over the world & think he has the solution for everything...

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
Even if the obvious sarcasm of the article didn't clue you in, the "release date" is april first aka april fools day. It wasn't even that funny though.

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
Hey. The edit button is gone. Where did it go?

Edit: Hmm. It's back now. It's playing games with my mind!! Curse you edit button!

SFVCyclone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Pasadena, Ca
thecow said:
Even if the obvious sarcasm of the article didn't clue you in, the "release date" is april first aka april fools day. It wasn't even that funny though.

Exactly, it gets minus 5 points from me, they were not even being creative in any way.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
If I had a mini, I probably wouldn't get that, unless I was like going over to a friends house who had a monitor I could use... That's neat, but I think its a fake.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Jo-Kun said:
PS: for what its worth (nukes now started to pbe pointed on my house too because GWB will think I'm a terrorist too?) you americans re-elected mr Bush... please tell me this is a joke :d

I've been hoping it's a bad dream, actually, but no luck so far. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.