PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Backlight Keyboard Problem

Lapdance Jockey
Mar 16, 2005, 03:45 PM
Hi all

I just wanted to thank you for answering my previous questions and to ask another one :cool:

I have the powerbook g4 laptop and the backlighting on the keyboard was great - super bright etc - i was even messing with it - placing my hand over the speakers on the left activated it even during well lit conditions (i did that like 3 times just to show off)

Now today the backlight is considerably dimmer - power is plugged in- it looks good when its pitch black in the room - but in low light you can barely see it -

it doesnt get any brighter or dimmer now - it has one setting - thats it - and its weak.

Any thoughts on how to get the brightness back up or what could have caused the problem?

many thanks

:(

robbieduncan
Mar 16, 2005, 04:17 PM
The controls for the brightness of the backlight are on F9 (lower) and F10 (brighter). When the backlight is on try holding down F10.

Lapdance Jockey
Mar 16, 2005, 04:25 PM
wow - so embarrassed

newbie question

sorry about that - but thank you for your reply

just read that at apples website

thanks again

:o :o

Macaddicttt
Mar 16, 2005, 04:44 PM
I don't have a PowerBook, so I can't try this out myself, but doesn't F10 just activate Exposť? Or do you just hold down the fn button?

robbieduncan
Mar 16, 2005, 04:46 PM
I don't have a PowerBook, so I can't try this out myself, but doesn't F10 just activate Exposť? Or do you just hold down the fn button?

Not a PowerBook with backlit keyboard. You need to use the fn key to get F10 (which activates Exposť).

Most of the F keys are allocated to something else by default (F1 - F10 are all used).

Applespider
Mar 16, 2005, 04:47 PM
I remapped my Expose keys - with Dashboard coming up will have to think of a few other things to get round running out of function keys!

Daveway
Mar 16, 2005, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know what's up with the new backlit keyboards? What is different about them besides being brighter?