PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with dashcode

jimh51
May 27, 2011, 05:59 PM
Went though Dashboard widget tutorial in the Dashcode user guide. Using the widget count down to your birthday, for my grandson. It worked fine, so I made 1 for my granddaughter. When trying to run it I get this error.

This widget is already installed on your computer but, it's named jacobBD". Would you like to replace the widget "jacobBD with the widget "lilyBD"?

How do I make more than 1 widget of a kind?

digitalField
May 29, 2011, 05:36 PM
sounds like there is a conflict with the naming of the widgets and thats why it wants to replace the previous one even though the content is different.

its been a while since i made a widget, but I am guessing you need to look at the 'info.plist' file and make sure that the name being used in this new widget is not the same as the one in your previous widget.

make sense?

m

jimh51
May 31, 2011, 03:02 PM
sounds like there is a conflict with the naming of the widgets and thats why it wants to replace the previous one even though the content is different.

its been a while since i made a widget, but I am guessing you need to look at the 'info.plist' file and make sure that the name being used in this new widget is not the same as the one in your previous widget.

make sense?

m

Thanks, you are right.