PDA

View Full Version : iPod mac and PC

DaveFan101
Mar 18, 2005, 03:42 PM
One of my friends is having trouble with her new iPod photo. One of her friends loaded around 150 songs onto her iPod for her. Her friends however is using a mac. She is using a PC and when she connects her iPod it asks to reformat. I am trying to find a way to transfer the songs to her computer from the iPod. I am using podutil if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. From what she says deleting the songs is not an option, and going through and redownloading them would be a real pain as you can imagine. Thanks

Norouzi
Mar 18, 2005, 03:52 PM
You will have to reformat the iPod. The first time it was pluged into a Mac it was probabily formated for Mac. PC's can't read Mac formated drives. If it had been formated for a PC in FAT32 then a Mac would be able to read it fine as Mac's can read virtually any file format, and also write to FAT32 file systems.

mkrishnan
Mar 18, 2005, 03:58 PM
You might be able to do this: http://www.ipodlounge.com/faqs_more.php?id=2393_0_10_0_C

But it may not be free or easy. :( And the standard disclaimers along the lines of, hope she actually owns rights to the music...apply. :rolleyes:

Norouzi
Mar 18, 2005, 04:09 PM
Didn't know they actually made a program for windows to do that. It looks like you could download the free trial and then just use it to get your songs into iTunes then restore the iPod to PC, as she'll have to do this anyway as the iPod is currently linked to your friends Mac.

janthonylo
Jan 11, 2007, 04:03 PM
could you name the program that you are talking about,

thanks

Didn't know they actually made a program for windows to do that. It looks like you could download the free trial and then just use it to get your songs into iTunes then restore the iPod to PC, as she'll have to do this anyway as the iPod is currently linked to your friends Mac.