Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
So when should we get in line for this years keynote? Last year I got there at 5:45~am and wasn't even in the first 100 people. I think some people started waiting at 9:00pm the night before.

barrettj

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Quick question - are you able to leave the line to use the bathroom, or if you leave the line do you have to go to the end?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Maybe its my ignorance, but since you paid $$ for WWDC, won't you have a seat for the keynote? Why go to such extreme measures?

barrettj

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Maybe its my ignorance, but since you paid $$ for WWDC, won't you have a seat for the keynote? Why go to such extreme measures?

My understanding is that there isn't enough room in the actual keynote room for everyone, so some people are in located in other rooms with a tv screen.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Quick question - are you able to leave the line to use the bathroom, or if you leave the line do you have to go to the end?

If you are alone it is mostly based on the honor system. After standing in line for a couple of hours you get to know the people around you. So you just tell them you will be right back, however they could be jerks and tell you to get to the back of the line.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My understanding is that there isn't enough room in the actual keynote room for everyone, so some people are in located in other rooms with a tv screen.

That makes sense but again, why wait in line at 9:00pm the day before on something that you'll get to see, even if its in another auditorium

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
That makes sense but again, why wait in line at 9:00pm the day before on something that you'll get to see, even if its in another auditorium

That is a good question, I have done it and I do not know why. Why not I guess, not like I have anything better to do.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That is a good question, I have done it and I do not know why. Why not I guess, not like I have anything better to do.

I'm not knocking anyone doing it, I was just curious. If its like any other convention, you are limited to what you can do anyways. Go back to the hotel room, or walk around town, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.