PDA

View Full Version : What video game developer will appear at WWDC?

Jyby
May 31, 2011, 06:44 PM
With the unveiling of a new operating system Apple has traditionally invited a developer to share the latest and greatest video games can offer consumers. My question for you guys to speculate on is, what video game developer will appear at WWDC?

I think one developer could be Valve with Half-Life Episode 3

Thats
:apple:
U

Cougarcat
May 31, 2011, 07:48 PM
You already posted this in the Games forum...

FroMann
Jun 1, 2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think we will see any game developers at WWDC, but since E3 is near and Valve has been supporting OSX. I would have to agree and say Gabe Newell or someone else from Valve will either show Portal 2 running on Lion, or maybe the Half-Life fans (like myself) will finally be able to see Half-Life 2 Episode 3.

zin
Jun 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
They've done this before? Who did they invite for the unveiling of Snow Leopard? (Are we talking about the keynote here or the developer sessions?)

Nishi100
Jun 1, 2011, 06:39 PM
With the unveiling of a new operating system Apple has traditionally invited a developer to share the latest and greatest video games can offer consumers. My question for you guys to speculate on is, what video game developer will appear at WWDC?

I think one developer could be Valve with Half-Life Episode 3.

Thats
:apple:
U

You're kidding, right. :)

roadbloc
Jun 1, 2011, 06:52 PM
I think one developer could be Valve with Half-Life Episode 3

Haha... no chance. Hell would have to freeze over and even then, they'd still be a reason why it was delayed.

Cougarcat
Jun 1, 2011, 10:52 PM
They've done this before? Who did they invite for the unveiling of Snow Leopard? (Are we talking about the keynote here or the developer sessions?)

I don't think they invited anyone for Snow Leopard, but in 2007 Carmac demoed the idTech 5 engine and Rage for the first time in the keynote. And back in the day, there was the Halo introduction (though that was MacWorld).