Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xy14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
I have a 933mhz iBook G4, the last Apple Computer EVER under 1ghz. It is a collectors' item! just kidding. But anyways, I want to get rid of it and trade it for one of the following:

• An iBook G4 12" with 1ghz processoror faster and 40gb hard drive.
  • iMac G4 - 800mhz or faster - 40gb hard drive at least
  • eMac 800mhz or faster - 40gb or more please
  • Any G4 PowerBook - with 40gb or more

The details on mine:

933mhz G4 Processor
40Gb Hard Drive
Mac OS 10.3
384mb Ram
14" screen
scratches galore, but only on top (by the Apple)
holds 4hr battery life on avg
comes with Apple Mouse
power adapter included
AirPort Extreme included only if other computer has AirPort/Airport Extreme

xy14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
come on..

someone please at least tell me if this is a good offer or whatever..

the more you post, the higher the thread gets, the more people look at it.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
I'm not in the market for an iBook but this is what I think about your situation:

First of all, this thread should be in the Marketplace/Classifieds Section of the site. If it was you probably would get more response.

Secondly, why would someone want to trade their superior laptop for your iBook.

Third, you don't have any pictures to give the protential buyer an idea what you mean by "scratches galore"

That's just what I think. Maybe I'm off.

AstroManLuca

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2005
Minnesota
Besides, if you have a 933 MHz iBook, even the 1.2 GHz iBook isn't going to be a big upgrade for you. Why do you want to switch computers anyway?

I am just having a hard time understanding what your goal is here. You have a G4/933 iBook, which is certainly a fine machine. You want to trade it for something else, and you don't even seem to be very particular about what you want to trade it for. That just doesn't make any sense. Maybe if you wanted to trade your laptop for a more powerful desktop, it would make more sense.

If you are really, REALLY intent on replacing your iBook, I would suggest just selling it and buying a replacement computer instead of trying to find someone to trade with you. It's very difficult to find any trades.

xy14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
AstroManLuca said:
Besides, if you have a 933 MHz iBook, even the 1.2 GHz iBook isn't going to be a big upgrade for you. Why do you want to switch computers anyway?

I am not looking to upgrade, I just want a 12" ibook. I dont care how fast it is. i dont care if its a 800mhz g4. anything at least that speed is acceptable.

mleok

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Need to emphasize that you have a 14" iBook for trade

I think the reason why you're not getting the responses you'll like is that you need to look carefully to realize that you're trading your 14" iBook for a smaller model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.