PDA

View Full Version : new iCloud email

CompUsed
Jun 4, 2011, 08:46 PM
I had a MobileMe trial account that has expired. I am waiting for the new iCloud. Should I (can I) secure a email name (NOW) before the rush for iCloud?

miles01110
Jun 4, 2011, 08:50 PM
Obviously no.

CompUsed
Jun 4, 2011, 08:59 PM
Obviously no.

I can understand if you say no. But what is obvious about it? Are you saying that it isn't possible to have a MobileMe name carried over to iCloud

ugahairydawgs
Jun 4, 2011, 10:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You're asking a question that nobody knows an absolute answer to.

At this point your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Weaselboy
Jun 5, 2011, 07:31 AM
I had a MobileMe trial account that has expired. I am waiting for the new iCloud. Should I (can I) secure a email name (NOW) before the rush for iCloud?

Hard to say... but if you want to ensure you lock down compused@me.com or compused@icloud.com or whatever it ends up being, it might not be a bad idea for you to do that now.

musio
Aug 7, 2011, 11:07 AM
In light of yesterday's news, is there any more news on this issue? I'm going to subscribe to this thread.

Will apple drop @me.com like they did to the @mac addresses?
Will there be a new @icloud address?

I hope it's not first come first serve. IF there is a new @icloud email, i'd like my current names & alias's transferred..

OllyW
Aug 7, 2011, 11:10 AM
In light of yesterday's news, is there any more news on this issue? I'm going to subscribe to this thread.

Will apple drop @me.com like they did to the @mac addresses?
Will there be a new @icloud address?

I hope it's not first come first serve. IF there is a new @icloud email, i'd like my current names & alias's transferred..

They are keeping @me.com

When you set up iCloud, you get a free me.com email account.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/contacts-calendar-mail.html

thunderbunny
Aug 7, 2011, 11:13 AM
I imagine that at the moment the transition moves all your data to iCloud and lets you keep (and log-in) via your MobileMe email address & password.

Personally I would have liked Apple to let current MobileMe customers either keep their own @me.com email address or pick any other (that isn't held by a current customer) but can't see that happening. The transition gives you no chance to choose a different email address.

PurpleMarmalade
Aug 7, 2011, 11:19 AM
Personally I would have liked Apple to let current MobileMe customers either keep their own @me.com email address or pick any other (that isn't held by a current customer) but can't see that happening. The transition gives you no chance to choose a different email address.

Don't feel too bad; Thunderbunny is very nearly as awesome as PurpleMarmalade. Nearly.

thunderbunny
Aug 7, 2011, 11:37 AM
Don't feel too bad; Thunderbunny is very nearly as awesome as PurpleMarmalade. Nearly.

nearly??? :eek: :)