Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bomino

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
current refurb discount is 16%. will there be a greater discount after they update them to SB cpu's, or will it likely stay around the same?

please answer based on past apple history.

aery

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2009
Canada
The prices will definitely go down, usually the same day as the refreshed models are available. I frequent the refurbished pages a lot.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Will the price of a refurbished MacBook Air go down after a newer, better, faster MacBook Air comes out thus causing the refurbished MacBook Air to become even older less desirable?

I think so.

Bomino

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Will the price of a refurbished MacBook Air go down after a newer, better, faster MacBook Air comes out thus causing the refurbished MacBook Air to become even older less desirable?

I think so.

Oh yeah? And what are you basing this smart a** comment on? After looking into it more, i found that last years imacs currently have a refurb discount of 15 percent. Regardless of the fact that there are newer, faster, better ones out. So tell me, all knowing "brand", how do you figure this?

Im not saying there wont be a price drop. Im asking for an answer based on what apple has done previously. Your answer is based on nothing but "what makes sense" which apple seems to not go by.

Guess i have to keep in mind that im posting in MR. Where the members know how many nose hairs steve has, and if you dont... Well your stupid.

mobi

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2004
Penn's Woods
The prices will definitely go down, usually the same day as the refreshed models are available. I frequent the refurbished pages a lot.

+1 Pretty sure they adjust the entire line at once. Check the refurb store often, different configs show up and disappear faster...often in the same day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.