Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonystark21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Is anyone experiencing decreased battery life under DP4 compared to DP3? I am running the OS on a MBP 2010 13 with a Momentus XT hybrid SSD.

Under Snow Leopard, I was experiencing issues with poor battery life with the XT. Then under DP3, battery life was greatly improved and I was getting 7 or 8 of battery life similar to the OEM 5400 RPM HD.

Now under DP4, it appears that battery issues have resurfaced. Battery life has been reduced tremendously and the battery timer is constantly recalculating...

Anyone else noticing decreased battery life under DP4 on the Momentus XT or on any other system generally?

stewy

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Kingston, ON
I am!

I just googled and found your post. I installed to check out the preview and my macbook seems to be running hot... the fan is much louder than it was under snow leopard... under snow leopard it only runs this hot when encoding a dvd with handbrake. I'm gonna drain my battery within and hour only running chrome.

Think I'll have to go back to snow leopard for the time being... this is nuts!

tonystark21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I am!

I just googled and found your post. I installed to check out the preview and my macbook seems to be running hot... the fan is much louder than it was under snow leopard... under snow leopard it only runs this hot when encoding a dvd with handbrake. I'm gonna drain my battery within and hour only running chrome.

Think I'll have to go back to snow leopard for the time being... this is nuts!

ok but as i mentioned above, i had great battery life under developer preview 3. maybe i need to calibrate my battery? another other experiences from anyone or suggestions?

stewy

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Kingston, ON
Yeah sorry, I cannot comment on dp3 since I have not used it.

I think my battery life was so poor because spotlight was indexing all of my files. It seems to be running normal now.

I should also note that repaired disk permissions.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.