PDA

View Full Version : Authorising trial copy of Aperture

Ish
Jun 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
I've gone through a 30 day trial of Aperture and LR and decided to go with Aperture. I've got the pop up window which tells you to "click Buy to purchase a serial number or order a boxed copy". That takes you to a page where you can buy a boxed copy for 173.00 or an Activation Key for 169. No mention of the App Store version at 44.99! No thanks!

Unless I've missed something, it looks as though I'll have to ditch what I've done in the trial and start again with Aperture from the App Store. Thank goodness I didn't do too many photos! :(

I suppose it's too much to hope for that I'll download it from the App Store and it'll recognise it's there already and I can carry on from where I left off?

pit29
Jun 10, 2011, 11:58 AM
I suppose it's too much to hope for that I'll download it from the App Store and it'll recognise it's there already and I can carry on from where I left off?

I would actually expect exactly this to happen. Your trial library will be recognized by the App store-downloaded Aperture. Worst case, you have to tell aperture manually where it is located...

Designer Dale
Jun 10, 2011, 02:44 PM
Back up your photos before doing the above. This is what I would do. Trust Apple but make a copy just in case.

Dale

Ish
Jun 10, 2011, 05:18 PM
Back up your photos before doing the above. This is what I would do. Trust Apple but make a copy just in case.

Dale

:) Trust in God but tie up your camel??

Thanks Pit and Dale. It was quite an intelligent download in the end. I had the trial Aperture in the dock and the download started a new Aperture icon. As soon as the download finished it replaced the trial icon and was ready to go, complete with the trial library. Did a restart and everything's smooth again. Great!