PDA

View Full Version : Website mockup, sans-content - what do you think?

glossywhite
Jun 16, 2011, 03:39 PM
Just looking for some feedback as to what people think of this theme?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2517/5840009119_dddc6ee4b8_b.jpg

celticpride678
Jun 16, 2011, 06:57 PM
Well, what's the website supposed to be?

ChicoWeb
Jun 16, 2011, 09:00 PM
What theme? Should we see something other then a background and a white rounded corner square?

glossywhite
Jun 16, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ah, well it's an unfinished concept - I maybe posted it prematurely through enthusiasm :)

Not quite a theme... yet...

QuarterSwede
Jun 16, 2011, 09:06 PM
You need some lore ipsum and picture place holders to give it some context. Otherwise it just looks like a bad wallpaper.

glossywhite
Jun 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
You need some lore ipsum and picture place holders to give it some context. Otherwise it just looks like a bad wallpaper.

:D haha! Yes, I do :P

maflynn
Jun 17, 2011, 05:56 AM
Not much of a mock up. You need to add something as what you intend to use.

For instance, if you plan on having lots of flash or multimedia that design may not work. If its just a blog with links it may be ok. To be honest, it looks nice but its impossible to know if it works with your intended purpose.

JoeG4
Jun 18, 2011, 04:07 PM
I recommend a hipster font, preferably something with a strong serif, and lots of Lorem Ipsum. Some creepy pictures of people smiling doesn't hurt either. :D

Hehe I think it's a little cookiecutter but the gradients and all are very nice :)

chown33
Jun 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
The glowing tombstone needs a glowing "RIP" carved on it.

And less empty space
around the tombstone.

Ifya nowat imeen.

JCL
Jun 21, 2011, 07:14 PM
I cannot stand when people overly use gradients and huge rounded edges.

So my suggestion is to tone down the radius of the rounded edges. Also if your going for a border effect that separates the site and footer (assuming the bottom is a footer) make it more subtle.

Less is more IMO. Its fine to want to clearly define each space but you don't need to over do it so much. For example the white content area and its blue background has so many barriers right now, color contrast, light blue gradient, white stroke, drop shadow and before you even have time to take in the blue background you are hit with another gradient from the footer or edges.

iDisk
Jun 22, 2011, 04:30 AM
Well, what's the website supposed to be?

Mobile Me Inspired perhaps??....