PDA

View Full Version : iCloud and Snow Leopard

Morod
Jun 20, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'm probably not going to upgrade to Lion. I've had (and like) MobileMe since .mac. MM is definitely going away.
Has anyone seen/heard if iCloud definitely will not work with Snow Leopard? I've seen it's free with Lion. Could that mean those with SL could use iCloud with a payment involved? Or is it a software-based problem?
Any help would be nice. I just haven't seen/heard anything that says iCloud WILL NOT work with SL.
Thanks.

FreeState
Jun 21, 2011, 02:12 AM
You will still be able to use iCloud, only some of the new features won't work (Apple doesn't say which ones).

http://www.apple.com/icloud/what-is.html

*Wi-Fi or other Internet connection required.
Features are subject to change. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices. See www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/ for more information. Some features of iCloud require iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2, or a Mac computer with OS X Lion or a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Outlook 2007 or 2010 recommended). Some music features of iCloud are available in beta now in the U.S. only and require iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM model), iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2, or a Mac or PC with iTunes 10.3. Download iTunes 10.3 free.

Macsterguy
Jun 21, 2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, Just when MM was beginning to work perfectly for me... I sync my 3-macs flawlessly now and use some of the features of MM in my business among 15 more macs in groups of 5.

Still, I will embrace the change or get left behind. If I don't like what iCloud brings I will move on to something else...

I really think that apple will come thru with iCloud for personal and business use. Lion looks fantastic. I really like the changes that have been made to it. It feels better and even more refined then SL. I also like what is going to happen with Lion Server AND you simply can't beat the price!!!

I think it will all come out in the wash :)

Morod
Jun 21, 2011, 08:44 AM
Thank you for the info and the link, FreeState.
Guess we just wait and see what Apple says.