Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like dropbox took care the problem and while not as prompt as they should have, it was good to see that it was closed.

DropBox is still superior to iDisk when you want to sync files, especially on different platforms.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
No system is perfect. Especially those that are cloud centric. I've always been very careful to maintain my own network which is closed & equipped with an NAS Enhancement. Without an Internet connection security is assured.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I've been using mobileme since they created mobileme and I was a big idisk fan till I actually tried dropbox about a month or so ago. Sorry, but it blows idisk away.

The only thing that kept me using idisk is I paid for it so I didn't completely phase it out.

As far as security. No system is perfect, and even on my own dedicated servers anything remotely sensitive is encrypted. Sensitive data and online don't go in the same sentence with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.