PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Chrome Polish for Back of iPod?

clayj
Mar 28, 2005, 08:20 PM
OK, so I just took my iPod Photo out of its iSkin for a few minutes, and sure enough, there are some minute (my-noot) scratches on the chrome back... can anyone recommend a good polish that will "enhance the luster" of the iPod's chromed bits without scratching?

iGary
Mar 28, 2005, 08:27 PM
Flitz (http://www.flitz-polish.com/?source=gg&camp=flitz&grp=name&term=flitz)

I've used it without any scratches, but won't vouch for any other results. :)

eleveneastgate
Mar 28, 2005, 10:16 PM
Colgate Toothpaste... NO JOKE... That stuff works on my fine silver jewelry. :D

clayj
Mar 28, 2005, 11:02 PM
Colgate Toothpaste... NO JOKE... That stuff works on my fine silver jewelry. :DWhat do you apply it with?

rasp
Mar 28, 2005, 11:10 PM
I've just given in to the idea of having a scratched iPod. The high gloss surface, looks pretty, but you pay a price for it. So far it's the only flaw (if you can call it that) I've really noticed.

mikebatho
Mar 29, 2005, 08:05 AM
I find that after the gym, my ipod mini has quite a lot of bits & fibres all over it from my cloves & the gym equipment etc....

I find that an ideal way of cleaning it is to wipe it all over my soggy track pants.....

Hmmmmm!!! :p :p

eleveneastgate
Mar 29, 2005, 01:45 PM
What do you apply it with?

Just put a little dab on your finger, and spread evenly. Let it dry and wipe it off with a damp cloth.

mikebatho
Mar 29, 2005, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't advise using 'WHITENING' paste, or anything else containing abrasive sodas...

Otherwise after a while your chrome is gonna end up looking like brushed aluminium..... :D