Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
Hopefully with updated technology (the 802.11 N or something?) Apple will update all of its wireless technology - new cards, basestation and express. So with the new update the Airport Express would sit nicely at $99 and the basestation $149. When any of this could happen is beyond me, but other companies are rolling out the "N".

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Yeah, all the "n" equipment out now is just "pre-n". Which means that it doesn't conform to any standard, like the "Super-G" stuff they had awhile ago.

Apple should wait until N is approved. Otherwise, stuff they make "pre-n" may not be compatible with later "n" products.

theISHkid

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Moore, OK
They could put the new stuff on the shelf... it would not make it pre-N. It just means that n is not the standard the way g is the standard now. Apple rolled out g while b was still the standard a few years ago. I might be slightly wrong, maybe they rolled out the B before it was considered the standard. Either way though they don't have to wait it just means that not too many people would be using it.

By the way has anyone heard of a revision to the airport express yet? I've been waiting to get one till we move but thats coming up really soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.