PDA

View Full Version : Aperture Stock Photos, do I have them?

W1MRK
Jun 24, 2011, 12:09 AM
Hello all. Quick question.

Went to the Apple store to view the new iMacs to see what I could of had if I waited 6 months. (ehh)

Played around with Aperture on the iMac and it dawned upon me that the stock images they have for people to see might come with my version of Aperture 3 from the mac app store. If so I have not been able to find them. They are nice high Megapixel images from D3's and such.

Does anyone know where it might be located or if its not is it a downloadable option from apple? Would love to tinker with them.

Thanks

Mike

W1MRK
Jun 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
Update to this question. After more research I found out its called the Sample Library that was included on Retail disks at around 7gb. Is this still not offered by apple for download or is there another way to get just some of the high res pics. Just looking to play around with a few professional photos while I am learning aperture.

I believe its called the Wyoming album.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

emorydunn
Jun 26, 2011, 11:35 AM
It's probably not included in the download since it's so large. But if Aperture didn't ask to either use a sample library or create a new one when it first opened then it probably doesn't have it.

Of course, I'm sure if you looked around on the Internet you could find it.

soLoredd
Jun 29, 2011, 01:00 PM
Would they let you take a USB drive in there and export the sample library?

Igantius
Jun 30, 2011, 09:31 AM
Update to this question. After more research I found out its called the Sample Library that was included on Retail disks at around 7gb. Is this still not offered by apple for download or is there another way to get just some of the high res pics....
The Sample Library is only available via the retail boxed copies Ė itís never been available as a download. The tutorials in the manual donít specifically relate to the supplied images and, if I remember rightly, the manual says that the images shown may differ to the ones actually supplied.

There are quite a few sites that provide free high-res, professional images, so it might be worth considering those.

W1MRK
Jul 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the responses everyone.

mackmgg
Jul 4, 2011, 10:48 AM
If you call Apple and tell them you bought Aperture online and want the images, they may send you a DVD containing them. Not sure if they would, but it's worth a try

Unpleasant
Jul 4, 2011, 04:37 PM
If you call Apple and tell them you bought Aperture online and want the images, they may send you a DVD containing them. Not sure if they would, but it's worth a try

Better yet go to a apple store and ask the manager. :)

aristobrat
Jul 4, 2011, 04:40 PM
Better yet go to a apple store and ask the manager. :)
Apple stores don't have discs with just the photos on them, FWIW.

mackmgg
Jul 4, 2011, 06:58 PM
Apple stores don't have discs with just the photos on them, FWIW.

They do not, but if you already bought Aperture, they may just give you a copy of the retail box. They did that to me when my Snow Leopard DVD was scratched

munkees
Jul 5, 2011, 02:23 AM
I would ask at the apple store if you could copy them onto a thumb drive.

when I wanted to test out the MBA 11" they let me install plugins into aperture so I could run tests.

They told me every system get wiped and re installed every night.

W1MRK
Jul 5, 2011, 04:00 PM
They told me every system get wiped and re installed every night.

Do they have a easy way of doing that? That seems like alot of work

mackmgg
Jul 5, 2011, 09:19 PM
Do they have a easy way of doing that? That seems like alot of work

Yeah, you can install OS X from a pre-setup network image. They probably have an automated system do that every night