PDA

View Full Version : To buy or to wait ?




AJ/Apple
Jul 1, 2011, 08:58 AM
Hi guys
i just had my 5th gen Ipod died last week
and i just cant handle not having one
i want to buy the current 6th gen { if u think about the update its 7th gen }
but now will there be an update on sep/2011 , or will they " Dis-cont " the product !!!!
i hope they dont but i dont want to wait and they do !!!
so what do u recommend guys ??
thx alot



jmpnop
Jul 1, 2011, 09:47 AM
There's no reason why Apple won't update their iPod line this year, its definitely worth to wait.

AJ/Apple
Jul 1, 2011, 10:15 AM
I didnt say that they wont update the entire ipod line
Its just that i keep hearing that they might discontinue the ipod classic
Which is why i am askin , because i dont want a nano or shuffle i just want the classic , but i dont want to wait and they discontinue them and i get stuck !!!
How strong are those rumors ?

AJ/Apple
Jul 1, 2011, 06:25 PM
any1 one else ?

Le Buzz
Jul 1, 2011, 06:49 PM
Just wait till sept. If they don't update the ipod classic then go purchase one right after the event. Problem solved.

ESPN
Jul 3, 2011, 09:30 PM
Waiting is definetly the way to go, not will you most likely get a new device but the new features will help.

williams51
Jul 3, 2011, 09:37 PM
Of course you should wait, wait you can spend less money to get it.

joeblow7777
Jul 4, 2011, 12:57 AM
Discontinuing the line doesn't mean that they will all magically vanish off the shelves. If anything, they may lower the price to get rid of the remaining stock, but they'll still be available for purchase.

Scepticalscribe
Jul 5, 2011, 06:44 AM
I think the old adage "buy if you need, wait if you want" might apply here. Yes, others have advised that you wait and it is true that all of the old classics will not disappear overnight should Apple decide to discontinue the model. However, if you feel you cannot live without access to your music, buy now.

Personally, if and iPod died on me (and they have done so) I would replace them immediately, irrespective of whether an update or refresh is due shortly. Then, I like the idea of being able to have access to my music.

Cheers

7thMac
Jul 5, 2011, 04:46 PM
If you need it buy now. If you wait, you face uncertainty as to whether the new product will be better for your needs. Who knows if there will be a new model, or if the new version will have a better mix of features, prices, and size?

mrkramer
Jul 6, 2011, 12:46 AM
The classic probably won't have too much in the way of an update, at most it may have a capacity bump so I'd buy it now.

zapple
Jul 6, 2011, 11:22 AM
I bought mine last week and have been enjoying it, but I'll be kinda peeved if I found out that there is an update; especially if it's an increase in capacity.