PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Nano Gen 5 screen issues

Blondie :)
Jul 7, 2011, 01:00 AM
Hello all. I have a gen 5 ipod nano. Recently, the LCD screen pretty much died. There are lines going through the better portion of the screen, right in the middle. I assume there is no fix for this, aside from replacing the LCD screen entirely, but has anyone else had this problem? I have included pictures so you can get a better idea of what's going on. Sorry for my chin in the backgorund, my camera broke, so I have to use photo booth haha :P

Unknownn
Jul 7, 2011, 01:21 AM
First off I would try reformatting it and see if that fixes it.. It's probably a hardware issue though I would bet and in that case you would either need to replace the screen or have Apple do it for you.

quizzi
Jul 8, 2011, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately this issue means that your iPod's screen, at one stage, has experienced applied pressure, usually associated with the mis-handling of the device.

The screen would need replacing, which could be done at your local Genius Bar or at a third-party repairer.

YanniDepp
Jul 13, 2011, 03:39 AM
It could just be a display cable/connector that's been damaged or come loose. I've seen that cause these kind of issues with the display.