PDA

View Full Version : The Daily newspaper for free?

adrianeitor92
Jul 7, 2011, 08:10 AM
When I downloaded the Daily app 3 months ago I chose the free subscription for 1 month.
But I don't pay anything and I still have The Daily working.
It downloads everyday the last news and I can read whatever article,

Why?

PD: Sorry for my English, I'm spanish

db67fm
Jul 7, 2011, 11:00 AM
When I downloaded the Daily app 3 months ago I chose the free subscription for 1 month.

I believe it gives you 14 days for free. At least that is what I got. You may still have some days left. When your free subscription is up it will stop downloading issues.

gangof4
Jul 9, 2011, 08:19 PM
Is the "Daily" available from the App store?

brudog68
Jul 22, 2011, 10:19 AM

Why?

PD: Sorry for my English, I'm spanish

Ive noticed this myself...Ive never paid for it and installed it back at launch of the ipad2...however I just recently went back into the app to check it out and the last 3 days Ive received the download each day....I would think it went by 1 month from the free subscription...but I have not opened the app more than 5 or 6 times total....think it will run out when Ive downloaded content 31 times?

SilverWings
Jul 22, 2011, 10:47 PM
After reading the comments here I started up The Daily again and sure enough it started to download the latest edition automatically and my trial expired 2 months ago!

SilverWings
Jul 22, 2011, 10:51 PM
Is the "Daily" available from the App store?

It depends on the App Store (your country) that you're using. I believe that you'll only find The Daily in the US and UK App Stores. So register a free US iTunes account and then download The Daily for free.
More info here (http://www.google.com/search?q=how%20to%20create%20us%20itunes%20account).

maverick86
Jul 23, 2011, 10:26 AM
My free trial expired recently and it's asking me to subscribe. I didn't keep track but I'm pretty sure I logged in 14 (not consecutive) days. I would've been more than happy for it to let me keep downloading updates but at this point I'm not sure I want to pay for a subscription.