Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GULCkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
If your friend just got a 15" powerbook and wanted a laptop bookbag to take the PB everywhere he goes, which one would you recommend?

Right now the brenthaven professional applebackpack is my favorite. What's yours?

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
GULCkid said:
If your friend just got a 15" powerbook and wanted a laptop bookbag to take the PB everywhere he goes, which one would you recommend?

Right now the brenthaven professional applebackpack is my favorite. What's yours?

I love my Brenthaven. I wouldn't use anything else.

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
Being a student... and being a poor student after purchasing the PB.. if i had the money... i'd get this..

hybrid_big_1x.jpg

http://www.axio-usa.com/html/p10.html

Axio products are hot..

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Love my Brenthaven backpack - I've had it for almost 2 years, drag it with me everywhere nearly everyday and it still looks like new. Tons of storage and padding. Sure it looks plain but it also doesn't scream, "I have $5,000 of gear in here - steal me!"

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
I have the Kensington Apple Logo Saddle Bag, and I love it. It is nice and padded to protect my iBook, and it is roomy to store just about anything I want to put in it. It's very durable and it looks great. I highly recommend it.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
those do look nice.... too bad they dont make any backpacks..... I dont know why, but I just feel like all of these one strap bags and messangers look kinda dorky... prolly just me though. Im looking for a smaller backpack thats not too small and doesnt have a ton of pokets and just looks normal... not like that crumpler sillyness. Maybee I should just buy a sleeve and put it in a regular backpack.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Rob587 said:
those do look nice.... too bad they dont make any backpacks..... I dont know why, but I just feel like all of these one strap bags and messangers look kinda dorky... prolly just me though. Im looking for a smaller backpack thats not too small and doesnt have a ton of pokets and just looks normal... not like that crumpler sillyness. Maybee I should just buy a sleeve and put it in a regular backpack.

Funny, that's how I feel about backpacks. :p

In that case I would recommend STM. They also make a great sleeve.

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I bought a sleeve from SFbags.com and use a backpack from EMS. Works well for me. Has plenty of pockets and isn't bulky.

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
even though i don't have an "oxygen8" keyboard controller, i bought the M-Audio laptop bag and it's wonderful. It's got tons of pockets and places for pens, phones, cd's, etc., and you can carry it by the top handle, backpack straps or shoulder strap. It holds a 15" comfortably at the same time as several books (or in my case, full-legal-length files) where the oxygen8 is supposed to go. it's a great one for people who need to carry more than just the computer.

paid about $60- at guitar center, in line with what competing (but far less capable) sleeves/packs cost.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudioPack-main.html

johnnowak

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2003
New York, New York
Rob587 said:
those do look nice.... too bad they dont make any backpacks..... I dont know why, but I just feel like all of these one strap bags and messangers look kinda dorky...

Are you still in high school? Backpacks in college look truly stupid. In high school though, they'd probably all call you "gay" if you had messenger bag... :rolleyes:

Mr. G4

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2002
Rohnert Park, CA
dferrara said:
Brenthaven is soooo ugly. If you're at all style-conscious check out Waterfield Designs. Very expensive but very well made, and they look awesome. :)

But can they take a 5 foot drop :)
Last year when I attended the WWDC the guy from Brenthaven put his 15" Aluminum in the backpack, closed it, raise his arm straight in front of him and drop the bag on the concrete. He open the back took out the PB, no dent nor scratch, then he open the screen and everything still work.
It used to cost $179+tax now it's only $129+tax. It worth every penny of it.
I have one for my 17" PB, so does my wife for her 15". We love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.