Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmbiguousNinja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Apple's up to date page is still not updated...Not complaining since I'm getting Lion for free anyway but you'd think they'd update it when Lion was released...

Xtreambar

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2006
Washington, DC
Even though I bought my iMac on June 8 through Apple, the up-to-date program is saying my computer is ineligible. It seems they still have some kinks to work out.

buckyballs

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
it's 11.10pm here, i want to start the dl before i go to bed ;)

I would go to bed tbh. If you read the T&C's, it could be 24 hours between submitting your claim and obtaining your redeem code, as I'm guessing all of them are being checked over by a human (checking your receipt)

jbanger

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
ADL
that's the problem, it won't let me submit as it says my serial on a 3 week old bto imac is invalid

KyleGP

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
I'm getting ineligible serial number too. Purchased mine on June 27th.
I'm getting really pissed off since tonight was gonna be the night and all the Apple call centres are closed here.

So what now?

buckyballs

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
I'm getting really pissed off since tonight was gonna be the night and all the Apple call centres are closed here.

So what now?

Crikey, it's only a bit of software! Just ring them tomorrow...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

So what now?

Spend 30 bucks if you absolutely need it today, or just wait until apple straightens it out.

Petrichor

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
This is probably going to look ridiculous since I'm posting everywhere but

I'm trying to look out for people who had the same problem as I did, (with the up-to-date, serial thing).

It seems that the problem is simply due to the servers being swamped on the up-to-date-page (too many people requesting at once). Ironic, since the actual OS itself has been set up to download extremely smoothly, but some people (in the up-to-date-boat) can't get to that point

Just in case anyone else has this problem, your serial number, etc, is probably valid, and in the worst case scenario you could call them, update now by paying, and then have them give you a refund within 24 hours. But for now, I would just wait, and try again in a little while. Either way, don't pay for no reason

Oh, and got this info from calling them. There's usually a credibility issue on MacRumors. Sigh.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
+1 on the up-to-date program not recognizing my serial number on my eligible 27" iMac purchased on Jun. 25.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Apple and they said it was just an issue with the servers being swamped and I should just try again later this afternoon. That works for me; I am not in a hurry to upgrade anyway. :)

moneyman118

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
I'm trying to look out for people who had the same problem as I did, (with the up-to-date, serial thing).

It seems that the problem is simply due to the servers being swamped on the up-to-date-page (too many people requesting at once). Ironic, since the actual OS itself has been set up to download extremely smoothly, but some people (in the up-to-date-boat) can't get to that point

Just in case anyone else has this problem, your serial number, etc, is probably valid, and in the worst case scenario you could call them, update now by paying, and then have them give you a refund within 24 hours. But for now, I would just wait, and try again in a little while. Either way, don't pay for no reason

Oh, and got this info from calling them. There's usually a credibility issue on MacRumors. Sigh.

did they tell you that they would credit back the $ if you were eligible for the up-to-date?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.