PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 yellow, lines then crash - please help

Carmy
Jul 22, 2011, 05:34 AM
I got an iPhone 4 about 3 weeks ago, so far numerous apps crash but I put this down to the apps, not the phone (ie: instagram crashes because it's too busy etc)

But recently my iPhone 4 itself has been crashing. It just happened for the third time.

Not only has it switched itself off those 3 times (in the space of a week not in one day) but a second before it does, the screen goes a yellow-ish colour and there are vertical lines all over the screen.

I have not jailbroken my phone or anything.

Do I need to complain to Apple or is this normal for it to do every so often? :(

Carmy
Jul 22, 2011, 07:39 AM
Anyone? :confused:

iFiend
Jul 22, 2011, 07:54 AM
C'mon OP. Do you really need to come here to ask strangers about that? If you think really hard I bet you can figure this one out on your own :facepalm:

Carmy
Jul 22, 2011, 08:26 AM
C'mon OP. Do you really need to come here to ask strangers about that? If you think really hard I bet you can figure this one out on your own :facepalm:

Fiend, very fitting name you chose there.

First of all, where I come from there's no such thing as a stupid question. Second of all, isn't this what forums like Macrumours are for...to ask questions, to get advice, to learn new things and peoples experience? I am relatively new to iPhones and a technophobe so I was (am) unsure of what to do and what's normal. Seeing as it only appears to happen when i'm using instagram... I wondered if there was a connection there or if anyone else had experienced such things, but thanks so much for your post though, that's really helpful.

Next time just keep your catty comments to yourself. :face palm:

mtnDewFTW
Jul 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

007bond
Jul 22, 2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure they have apple stores in Turkey(where the OP is apparently located). Your best bet would be to call apple or go to a local apple retailer to get it fixed...provided you are under warranty.