PDA

View Full Version : Lion battery life

Kornelis
Jul 23, 2011, 06:39 AM
In a Dutch Mac forum I saw some people reporting that their battery life under Lion was much less than when they used Snowleopard. Did anyone notice this with their (11") 2010 Macbook Air?

I like to know this before I update because I use my Air unplugged a lot.

thatisme
Jul 23, 2011, 06:45 AM
In a Dutch Mac forum I saw some people reporting that their battery life under Lion was much less than when they used Snowleopard. Did anyone notice this with their (11") 2010 Macbook Air?

I like to know this before I update because I use my Air unplugged a lot.

Not sure about the air, but it does seem to reduce battery time on my 2008 mbp. I figure around 20%less under lion

MultiFinder17
Jul 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
This always happens when a new version of OS X comes around - battery life takes a dip with the x.0 release, and then will get back to its previous level within a version or two. I've noticed a little bit of a drop on my 2009 Air with Lion.

Danoc
Jul 23, 2011, 08:37 AM
With all the new functions, especially the autosave property, it's not surprising.

bmat
Jul 23, 2011, 10:44 AM
I have a 2010 11.6 ultimate. I upgraded, and you have to take this with a grain of salt because it is so recent, but I haven't noticed anything significant for me so far (like half). I'm still likely getting in that 4 to 5 hr range for my use (over half brightness, web surfing, wifi on, word work). I've used for over two hours this morning, and I still have over 50% left, for example.

Of course, who knows if I'm actually getting 15 to 30 minutes less. Won't know that for awhile, if ever.

caughtintheweb
Jul 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
My battery life seems to have increased. I get about 4 hours now on my 2008 mb instead of 2-2.5 before installing lion.

radiohead14
Jul 24, 2011, 11:11 PM
This always happens when a new version of OS X comes around - battery life takes a dip with the x.0 release, and then will get back to its previous level within a version or two. I've noticed a little bit of a drop on my 2009 Air with Lion.

hopefully this will be the case this time as well, as my 11" MBA could use some more juice. i got so spoiled with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1's battery life (9 hours easy)