PDA

View Full Version : New fix for Apogee Duet under OSX Lion

VoicOfReason
Jul 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
I have read the fixes so far for the Apogee Duet under OSX Lion, e.g. killing off "duetDaemon", etc.

Here's a new one. Disconnect the duet, run the official uninstaller, and let it reboot. Then plug-in the Duet and re-select it as output device. Now, the Duet seems to work just fine and no killing of processes is needed. Of course, you can't go in and run Maestro b/c it doesn't exist, but when I killed of duetDaemon before it was annoying, it still didn't allow me to use the keyboard volume control for the Duet, and I was getting crackling audio with another drive running off the same firewire port. With THIS method (uninstalling the software) it at least works and you get volume control back.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Temporary solution until August, at least.

VoicOfReason
Jul 25, 2011, 07:58 PM
... almost forgot: the green light will be blinking and you need to hold down the knob to un-mute initially.

HoldernessMedia
Jul 25, 2011, 08:28 PM
I have read the fixes so far for the Apogee Duet under OSX Lion, e.g. killing off "duetDaemon", etc.

Here's a new one. Disconnect the duet, run the official uninstaller, and let it reboot. Then plug-in the Duet and re-select it as output device. Now, the Duet seems to work just fine and no killing of processes is needed. Of course, you can't go in and run Maestro b/c it doesn't exist, but when I killed of duetDaemon before it was annoying, it still didn't allow me to use the keyboard volume control for the Duet, and I was getting crackling audio with another drive running off the same firewire port. With THIS method (uninstalling the software) it at least works and you get volume control back.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Temporary solution until August, at least.

Does this still allow you to choose different inputs though, without having Maestro? What about recording? Or is this just working for audio playback?

If it works decent I'll add it to the original thread as another option.

Papanate
Jul 26, 2011, 10:31 AM
Interesting...unfortunately in my case I need to be able to switch Phantom and line/mic...so I need the Maestro software.

VoicOfReason
Jul 27, 2011, 09:56 AM
You can still hit the Duet dial to mute (if held down) and also to change inputs (if held pressed briefly). So, yes, I can verify this.

join
Jul 29, 2011, 08:32 PM
It works well here but it is impossible to switch between Instrument and Mic for each input without Maestro...

vkt
Jul 29, 2011, 08:38 PM
Worked perfectly, thank you!

Mark Octavian
Aug 17, 2011, 03:20 PM
Well, this is kinda obvious, because Duet doesn't need any drivers to work as a generic Fire-Wire audio output device. For the inputs, however, you do need those drivers. Without them, you won't be able hear your electric guitar or mic.