PDA

View Full Version : Purchase of Lion

stopper10
Jul 27, 2011, 02:54 PM
Planning to purchase a new 27" Imac in the next few weeks. When I get this, will Lion show up in the app store under already purchased for purposes of installing on my 2010 mac mini? Or will I need to purchase it separately?

Thanks in advance for the help.

C64
Jul 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
Right on the Apple Store page:

OS X Lion
Up-to-Date Program
The OS X Lion Up-to-Date upgrade is available at no additional charge via the Mac App Store to all customers who purchased a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 6, 2011. Users must request their Up-to-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer.
Please visit the OS X Lion Up to Date program page (http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/) for details on how to request your copy of Lion.

stopper10
Jul 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
My question is a bit different from this response. I know the Imac will either ship with or upgrade to lion for free. Will this license allow me to install lion on the mac mini I already have?

Nuckinfuts
Jul 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
My question is a bit different from this response. I know the Imac will either ship with or upgrade to lion for free. Will this license allow me to install lion on the mac mini I already have?

The license is not permissive if the 2 macs use different Apple ID's, but is permissive if they do use the same, you'll have to contact apple support probably

stopper10
Jul 27, 2011, 03:42 PM
any other input? Anyone in a similar situation?