PDA

View Full Version : With Lion - MacBook Pro won't sleep.

Home-Skillet
Jul 27, 2011, 05:47 PM
I have a 13" 2009 MacBook Pro - and I have a second 21" LG Display hooked up to it. I use both monitors together, and it used to be the case that when I closed the macbook - everything would go to sleep. Now that I'm on Lion, it just shuts the mac's screen off and moves everything to the other display.

I can't work out how to fix this. Any help?

Thanks

Taz Mangus
Aug 17, 2011, 08:42 AM
I have a 13" 2009 MacBook Pro - and I have a second 21" LG Display hooked up to it. I use both monitors together, and it used to be the case that when I closed the macbook - everything would go to sleep. Now that I'm on Lion, it just shuts the mac's screen off and moves everything to the other display.

I can't work out how to fix this. Any help?

Thanks

Lion has changed the way clamshell mode works. It no longer goes to sleep when you close the lid and have a monitor hooked to it and the power source is connected. Disconnect the power source and the MacBook Pro will go to sleep.

Personally, I like the way clamshell mode works in Lion. I use my MacBook Pro to stream movies and in Snow Leopard when I connected the MacBook Pro to my TV and closed the lid it would go to sleep. In Snow Leopard, it was a pain because I had to wait for it to go to sleep after I closed the lid and then I had to wake it and then I had to open the lid and enter my password and then I had to close the lid again. Now in Lion, I connect the power source, connect it to the TV, close the lid and watch the movie.