PDA

View Full Version : Multitouch Gestures with Magic Mouse

o'glory
Jul 30, 2011, 11:16 AM
Apple stated only some multitouch gestures are compatible with the default Magic Mouse, however all are available on the Magic Trackpad.

Is there a Lion-user that is currently using a Magic Mouse, and if so, can you tell us which gestures are working?

Thanks.

gentlefury
Jul 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
Apple stated only some multitouch gestures are compatible with the default Magic Mouse, however all are available on the Magic Trackpad.

Is there a Lion-user that is currently using a Magic Mouse, and if so, can you tell us which gestures are working?

Thanks.

I have a magic mouse and a magic trackpad...all gestures work on the trackpad...magic mouse doesn't do pinch to zoom, launchpad pinch, or mission control 3 finger up (you can however launch mission control with a double tap of 2 fingers).

alandlc
Jul 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
- Two-finger swipe left or right to switch spaces
- Double-tap for "Smart Zoom" (basically zoom in once, then zoom out if double-tapped again)

And not sure if it's just me, but if you use a web browser OTHER than Safari, swiping left and right won't switch web pages anymore.

gentlefury
Jul 30, 2011, 12:54 PM
- Two-finger swipe left or right to switch spaces
- Double-tap for "Smart Zoom" (basically zoom in once, then zoom out if double-tapped again)

And not sure if it's just me, but if you use a web browser OTHER than Safari, swiping left and right won't switch web pages anymore.

It only works in Safari...I think in chrome you have to turn on 3 finger swipe in order to use the old 2 finger swipe method...which I hated! I'm ok with 2 finger swipe for space switching, because its not done too often, but for page back 1 finger is the most natural and works great!

Nieval
Jul 30, 2011, 12:59 PM
Alandic summarized it well, but if you download bettertouchtool you can unlock all sorts of gestures. They just released the Lion update so give it a go if you get the chance.

P.S I'm not involved with them in any way, just a satisfied user.

o'glory
Jul 30, 2011, 03:24 PM
Bleh. I was hoping for Launchpad and Mission Control related gestures. I have been using MagicPrefs even since I got my Magic Mouse, and it's great to use. I hope they release an update for Lion!

Thanks for the feedback.