Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

o'glory

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Canada
Apple stated only some multitouch gestures are compatible with the default Magic Mouse, however all are available on the Magic Trackpad.

Is there a Lion-user that is currently using a Magic Mouse, and if so, can you tell us which gestures are working?

Thanks.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Apple stated only some multitouch gestures are compatible with the default Magic Mouse, however all are available on the Magic Trackpad.

Is there a Lion-user that is currently using a Magic Mouse, and if so, can you tell us which gestures are working?

Thanks.

I have a magic mouse and a magic trackpad...all gestures work on the trackpad...magic mouse doesn't do pinch to zoom, launchpad pinch, or mission control 3 finger up (you can however launch mission control with a double tap of 2 fingers).

alandlc

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
- Two-finger swipe left or right to switch spaces
- Double-tap for "Smart Zoom" (basically zoom in once, then zoom out if double-tapped again)

And not sure if it's just me, but if you use a web browser OTHER than Safari, swiping left and right won't switch web pages anymore.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
- Two-finger swipe left or right to switch spaces
- Double-tap for "Smart Zoom" (basically zoom in once, then zoom out if double-tapped again)

And not sure if it's just me, but if you use a web browser OTHER than Safari, swiping left and right won't switch web pages anymore.

It only works in Safari...I think in chrome you have to turn on 3 finger swipe in order to use the old 2 finger swipe method...which I hated! I'm ok with 2 finger swipe for space switching, because its not done too often, but for page back 1 finger is the most natural and works great!

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
Alandic summarized it well, but if you download bettertouchtool you can unlock all sorts of gestures. They just released the Lion update so give it a go if you get the chance.

P.S I'm not involved with them in any way, just a satisfied user.

o'glory

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Canada
Bleh. I was hoping for Launchpad and Mission Control related gestures. I have been using MagicPrefs even since I got my Magic Mouse, and it's great to use. I hope they release an update for Lion!

Thanks for the feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.