PDA

View Full Version : How to publish a Calendar?

AeroUK
Aug 1, 2011, 12:39 AM
Hey does anyone know how to publish a calendar in Lion. You can share on MobileMe but no longer publish a private server. It was in the help file there is something called 'Publish' but I cannot see it anywhere.

Please help!

Aaron

throttlemeister
Aug 1, 2011, 01:51 AM
Press calendar button, right click appropriate calendar in the drop down, pick publish, on the "publish on" drop down, select "a private server", fill in details, press publish. Done.

AeroUK
Aug 1, 2011, 10:21 AM
Throttle, thank you for your reply but when I right click a calendar all I get is 'share calendar' for MobileMe sharing, there seems to be no 'publish calendar' on Lion anymore!

Please help...

Aaron

throttlemeister
Aug 1, 2011, 01:32 PM
This is what I see in Lion when I follow the steps I mentioned above.

http://sht.tl/FHm4

I did notice it has to be a local calendar - on your mac. Remote calendars only have a share option.

AeroUK
Aug 2, 2011, 12:31 AM
This is crazy, why do I not see that? Maybe I should reinstall afresh...

cartonchen
Aug 10, 2011, 02:47 AM
This is crazy, why do I not see that? Maybe I should reinstall afresh...

I face the same problem as you do. I think Publishing Calendars has been removed from iCal in Lion.

I think Throttle is using MacOS 10.6.

Icy1007
Aug 10, 2011, 02:58 AM
I face the same problem as you do. I think Publishing Calendars has been removed from iCal in Lion.

I think Throttle is using MacOS 10.6.

No, that is Lion. Look at the buttons.

I have the "Publish..." option when right-clicking on a calendar.
In fact, I don't have the option to "Share Calendar" like you say you have.

rickrparker
Oct 20, 2011, 02:59 PM
Tech support at Apple today spent an hour with me and couldn't resolve after being escalated 2 levels. Got put on hold(ignore) until inactivity timeout dumped the hardline phone call.

I know I am a bit late on this thread, has anyone solved it? I think throttlemeister wasn't up on the 10.7.2 yet either. I use this on several websites that I run and am hurting for a solution.:confused:

fisherking
Oct 20, 2011, 03:30 PM
on 10.7.2 here, and both options show up.
try disabling iCloud? just a thought (i'm not using it yet...).
PROCEED WITH CAUTION tho...i lost some ical entries when i did this...

rickrparker
Oct 21, 2011, 09:44 AM
You have to create a calendar "ON MY MAC" then the publish piece is just like the old way. You can't publish a iCal Calendar that exists on the iCloud. So export the calendar you want to publish, create new calendar on your mac and your option to publish is back in play.

Throttle had it right.