Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
I use Mail and Address book ( storing all my contact ). Now I like the fact that Mail references my Addressbook contact. But it has an annoying habit of doubling the single names I use in AB, if I send an email to someone on my list.

Example - my friend Adam is in my list as 'AD' --- however, when I send him an email from Mail, in the email address field, if I type 'A', I'll get a list of my email contacts begining with A. I drop down to AD, and send the mail. All well and good so far.

Now, when I go back to AB - he's listed as ' AD AD '!! Why, and what can I do to stop this. Doubly annoying cause when I sync my phone, my phone then shows ' AD AD '

cheers for the help :D

Applespider

macrumors G4
How is that user's email address set up both in your directory and in his 'sent from' field?

I know I've had a problem where for some unknown reason a friend has made their emails looks as if they come from firstnamelastname (run into one) with an address of name@friend.com . My Address Book has their name in firstname lastname and their address as name@friend.com.

But Mail shows them as
firstnamelastname lastname
when I try to send them messages. My Address Book did do this at one point but after editing it correctly, it hasn't changed it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.