PDA

View Full Version : The Times UK free trial

ratboy90
Aug 6, 2011, 07:30 AM
I downloaded the Times newspaper app because I wanted to see what it looked like. I expected I had to create an account. Now I see that the free trial began automatically. I'm going away for 2 weeks now and won't use it at all but want to start the free trial after those 2 weeks. Can I just uninstall the app and the trial will pause? Or will it keep going?

LostLogik
Aug 7, 2011, 07:25 AM
From what I understand, there is no need to even uninstall it. The free trial bit doesn't refer to any ID but rather I think Times Nrwspapers are allowing free use if the app for a limited time for everyone that cares to try it. I've got it and dip in and out of it periodically. I'm not sure when the trial is going to end. I quite like their subscription but doubt I'll take them up, as I already have a Telegraph subscription thanks to my mum. No need to pay twice for news (and some would argue no need to pay for news at all).

LostLogik
Aug 8, 2011, 04:40 AM
Seems I might have got things a little wrong. My app stopped working today, or rather, it asked me to stump up some money to continue reading. So, duly deleted.