Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
I downloaded the Times newspaper app because I wanted to see what it looked like. I expected I had to create an account. Now I see that the free trial began automatically. I'm going away for 2 weeks now and won't use it at all but want to start the free trial after those 2 weeks. Can I just uninstall the app and the trial will pause? Or will it keep going?

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
From what I understand, there is no need to even uninstall it. The free trial bit doesn't refer to any ID but rather I think Times Nrwspapers are allowing free use if the app for a limited time for everyone that cares to try it. I've got it and dip in and out of it periodically. I'm not sure when the trial is going to end. I quite like their subscription but doubt I'll take them up, as I already have a Telegraph subscription thanks to my mum. No need to pay twice for news (and some would argue no need to pay for news at all).

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Seems I might have got things a little wrong. My app stopped working today, or rather, it asked me to stump up some money to continue reading. So, duly deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.