Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_10_4_1.jpg

Apple today released iTunes 10.4.1, bringing a handful of bug fixes to the company's media management and syncing software. The bug fixes target a number of areas, including media keys on third-party keyboards, artwork addition, movie purchasing, responsiveness, and VoiceOver.
iTunes 10.4.1 provides a number of improvements, including:

- Fixes a problem where the media keys on some third-party keyboards work inconsistently with iTunes
- Addresses issues with adding artwork to songs and videos
- Resolves an issue which may cause iTunes to become unresponsive when purchasing an HD movie
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may take longer than expected to open after waking your Mac from sleep
- Addresses issues with VoiceOver support
iTunes 10.4.1 is available via Software Update, Apple's downloads page, or the iTunes download page. Versions are available for Mac, 32-bit Windows, and 64-bit Windows.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 10.4.1 with Assorted Bug Fixes

Bendit

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2003
Toronto, Canada
wifi bug

I believe this fixes but what some people were (those still affected after 10.7.1) referred to as the "wifi bug". It was in fact iTunes that was hanging the system and preventing other things, such as the networking subsystem, to run properly.

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Is there a way to report bugs to Apple? I still have a problem where in Windows 7, I have my taskbar at the top of my screen. When itunes is maximized, the top part gets cut off.

Attachments

• itunes bug.PNG
    itunes bug.PNG
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 482

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Can someone comment on if this update fixes the artwork in Finder issues? I dare not take the plunge...

P.S. Please no "iTunes has nothing to do with the Finder" comments if you don't mind, this issue is well known and is indeed an iTunes bug.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
When I check for updates within iTunes, it says .4.1 is available, yet Software Update says everything is up to date :confused:

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I believe this fixes but what some people were (those still affected after 10.7.1) referred to as the "wifi bug". It was in fact iTunes that was hanging the system and preventing other things, such as the networking subsystem, to run properly.

I hope you are right!

Although for the last few days, my MBP has been waking up and accessing iTunes just fine.

Haven't had any other problems, but will run update anyway.

Raineer

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
Is there a way to report bugs to Apple? I still have a problem where in Windows 7, I have my taskbar at the top of my screen. When itunes is maximized, the top part gets cut off.

On my work laptop I like to have the taskbar at the top as well, I seem to have that bug on far too many applications.

I eventually gave up and changed it back to the bottom.

KYPackrat

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2010
Can someone comment on if this update fixes the artwork in Finder issues? I dare not take the plunge...

P.S. Please no "iTunes has nothing to do with the Finder" comments if you don't mind, this issue is well known and is indeed an iTunes bug.

Looks like it. I didn't realize it was actually a bug, so I didn't investigate why I was suffering it. (I'm turning this laptop in Wednesday, so I am not investigating quirks very closely.)

I upgraded, and am still suffering the problem.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
Freezing HD rentals

Good grief, are we finally at the point where I can safely rent a movie in HD on my Mac and not have to worry about freezing video? I can't recall if that was an iTunes or quicktime issue. Someone said some beta had that fixed.

Rumple

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
I still get audio skips. I now believe its safari. It's takes so much cpu power when I navigate at times it makes iTunes have audio glitches. Nothing to do with iTunes I believe at this time. They need to make safari more efficient.

JayLaw23

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010

Yes it does!! I installed update then rebooted. IF Finder remains open after reboot, close finder and reopen and it should work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.