Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
It fixed an annoyance I had since my upgrade to Lion - when I connected any device it didn't auto start (even though it was checked to open itunes when a device was connected)

Works now :)

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Does this fix the bug where you switch to the mini player and the "previous song" button is automatically selected, and if you hit spacebar to pause it, it instead goes back to the beginning of the song? That's annoying right now.

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
With 10.4 and 10.5.8, predictive names of artists and albums no longer functions. Does anyone know whether this is true with 10.4.1 as well?

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
STILL DOESN'T FIX "SHOW ITEMS" Folder option!!

I really like to have my music in Cover Flow, with my Film & TV and Apps folders in the grid mode.

But iTunes 10.4 frustratingly omitted this option.

It was there in iTunes 10.2, eventually fixed in iTunes 10.3, now the option has gone backwards once again with the same setting for any and all folders. Damn, Apple. :confused:

And still having photo import issues. Double damn, Apple. :(

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
Resume playback finally implemented? Such essential feature was available in SoundJam MP back in 2001, from where iTunes was developed.

By "resume playback" are you talking about if you stop listening to a song 1:37 in, then later come back to iTunes and play the song, it will start at 1:37? That's a per-song option if so (defaults on on podcasts and audio books, off on everything else), although like all of those you could select all the songs in your library and change it for them all at once

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
It doesn't resolve the most annoying bug I have ever experienced with iTunes: When scrolling from side to side in cover flow with my trackpad, it will move one album further to the left when I let go.
Example: I am at position X, but I want to get to position Y, which is 12 steps away from position X. Now, when I scroll to position Y with my trackpad and let go, it will not stay at position Y - it will go one step to the left (so I end up either 11 or 13 steps away from position Y, depending on the direction of my scroll).

This is incredibly annoying.

LionNz

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Itunes 10.4.1 Update

Hello All

I have lion 10.7.1 and had iTunes 10.4. I had the issue with my artwork not showing in the music folder where are my Mp3 and after the update NOTHING HAD CHANGE. No artwork showing so a bit disappointing.:confused:

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
10.4 broke my media keys on my work PC (Windows 7). I listen to podcasts throughout the day; media keys are pivotal so that I can pause when the phone rings or someone walks in my office. Worked fine on previous versions of iTunes.

Saw the 10.4.1 was suppose to fix this issue - updated and rebooted.

Nope.

Media keys still not functioning on Logitech MK700. Highly ****ing annoying.

Have you updated your keyboard's software?
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/iTunes-10-4-0-80/m-p/653960#M18797

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006
Can someone comment on if this update fixes the artwork in Finder issues? I dare not take the plunge...

P.S. Please no "iTunes has nothing to do with the Finder" comments if you don't mind, this issue is well known and is indeed an iTunes bug.

Nope, didn't do anything for me. Still broken in Finder, and still broken on Widgets like Sophiestication's Album Art.

Milcrew2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
app store

why is this not an App Store app? With updates coming from there? Apple doesn't use its own store?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
why is this not an App Store app? With updates coming from there? Apple doesn't use its own store?
Most likely because all Macs that can run iTunes 10.4 also have Software Update. Where as all Macs that can run iTunes 10.4 don't have the Mac App Store.

Ice-Cube

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
I updated and now when I try launching iTunes, the dock icon bounced for a good minute before opening. Not a very good experience so far.

Edit: Just realized my delete key doesn't work when I try editing Artist/Genre information in the main playlist window. 'Get Info' screens work fine however. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

iTunes is considered system software; it comes with Mac OS X and installs with the base operating system. System software is updated with Software Update.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Does anyone know if this fixes the scrolling issues in 10.4 AND 10.5? Basically if I move my mouse wheel, it will not scroll unless it's over a certain speed of multiple scrolls in a row. This makes it very hard to slowly scroll through my music.

BrandinoMino

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2011
Please Help!

When I add an album to my itunes, it will stop what I'm currently listening to and add the album into a new playlist, and just show me that playlist. Is this a bug, or some annoying new feature, because this never happened in Snow Leopard.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Does this fix the bug where you switch to the mini player and the "previous song" button is automatically selected, and if you hit spacebar to pause it, it instead goes back to the beginning of the song? That's annoying right now.

Nope. Same issue. >.<

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Can anybody confirm whether 3rd party plugins / scripts can now load successfully? Like Coversutra and Synergy, which were unable to properly display album art for tracks.

redfirebird08

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
Mine is opening fast as hell now too. :eek: One bounce and it opens immediately. :D This is on a 2007 Macbook with Snow Leopard and a 2010 iMac with Snow Leopard. I'm very happy to see this update after years of watching the program get slower and slower. Other than speeding it up, I'd like to see them trim the fat on the size of the program itself too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.