Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rumored earlier this year, Bungie Aerospace, a publishing division of Bungie games, has released Crimson: Steam Pirates by developer Harebrained Schemes. The game is a turn-based strategy game set in a steampunk pirate universe. From the press release:
The game includes eight campaign "voyages" set in a swashbuckling Steampunk universe hatched from the mind of Jordan Weisman, founder of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the Battletech, MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun universes.

Also featured alongside the campaign voyages are two "pass-and-play" multiplayer scenarios; more than a dozen ships, submarines, and zeppelins to command; and a unique cast of crew that lend their special abilities to the player's pirate fleet. Crimson: Steam Pirates will also ship with a second Chapter, "Tales of Captain Blood," that features an additional eight voyages for $1.99.

Though Bungie, the acclaimed game studio responsible for Marathon and Halo, didn't actually create the game, their Bungie Aerospace division was created to help small, independent developers, like Harebrained Schemes successfully launch their mobile and social games.

Crimson: Steam Pirates for the iPad is free on the App Store, with a second "chapter" of levels -- available for $1.99. Future chapters will be released at a later date. [iTunes]

Article Link: Bungie Aerospace Releases Crimson: Steam Pirates

Last edited:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Typically I don't go for stuff like this, but this looks like it could be pretty cool.

omegaphil6

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
Fort Myers Florida
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

A game release? How is this news?

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
There have been several posts about game releases on the frontpage recently. Personally, I hate them, and if it keeps up I'll probably be removing MR from my RSS feed and bookmarks.

EDIT: Ah, this is just in the RSS and not actually on the frontpage... somehow, that is even more annoying.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
There have been several posts about game releases on the frontpage recently. Personally, I hate them, and if it keeps up I'll probably be removing MR from my RSS feed and bookmarks.

EDIT: Ah, this is just in the RSS and not actually on the frontpage... somehow, that is even more annoying.

Agreed, the RSS feed should only contain front page news!

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
You guys know that you can only subscribe to the front page news, right? I don't necessarily need to know about this either, so that is what I did.

Yeah I realised there was a front page only feed shortly after I posted. Still, my ideal would be to get all the news as I was previously getting, but these game posts are basically just adverts so I guess I will indeed have to stick with front-page only from now on.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yeah I realised there was a front page only feed shortly after I posted. Still, my ideal would be to get all the news as I was previously getting, but these game posts are basically just adverts so I guess I will indeed have to stick with front-page only from now on.

You didn't seem to mind Civ V for Mac announcement: https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11472978&#post11472978

It's all on the same spectrum. But yes, we highlight more products on the blogs. If it offends you, then you can easily avoid it using the appropriate feeds

arn

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

A game release? How is this news?

as opposed to 'The replacement glass panels for an existing glass-paneled store have arrived at the installation location via a truck."

you want more posts like that, then?

nobody is forcing you to read this, much less comment on it.

I wonder how you manage to get anything at all done when you've got to stop at every website and comment on every story you find unworthy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.