Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
My sister got a new powerbook over in Canada a few weeks ago (she goes to uni there), but she is coming back to the UK for the summer. So I need a UK extension lead for it. You know you can add an extra extension cable to the transformer, well I am looking for one of those but with a UK plug end (If any of you have a mac portable you will know what I mean). Anyone know where I can buy one?

Cheers,
~Jordan

starnox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Thanks, I guess I need the World Travel Kit - don't really want to spend £30 though.

Will it damage the powerbook if I use a normal US->UK plug adapter?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Suggestion, before plugging anything in, make sure you can read on the adaptor itself that it handles up to 240V - such as "Input: AC 100 - 240V"
Some people have been unpleasently surprised when they assumed their Mac power supplies were auto-voltage and didn't check the fine print on their own machine.

If it does say 100 -240, a simple plug adaptor would do.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
On the Apple Power Adapters, just use a standard Figure 8 Plug to connect the wall to the brick. All Apple's cables are, are those with a slide connector to look cool. They do show this in Powerbook Manuals. Also, as long as the cord/lead from the wall to the brick can withstand the voltage/amperage/frequency, so will the power brick.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.