PDA

View Full Version : Youtube/Flash video pause issue?

DRPTHPHN
Sep 6, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hi,

Everytime I pause a video on youtube and other flash videos (I think), When I click play to resume it doesn't play and i have to click the video time slider to resume the video. This is incredibly annoying. Anyone else get this problem?

DESNOS
Sep 6, 2011, 07:55 PM
Video playback in general gets a little cranky every now and then in both HTML5 and flash. Can't say I know why though, but I have experienced the issue. It isn't quality for me. I have an Nvidia 9400m, which is capable of 1080p playback (barely).

echo.park
Sep 7, 2011, 05:10 AM
Same thing. This has nothing to do with your hardware. The point is that flash simply sucks. Use HTML5 whenever possible. There's a beta test on Youtube as well.

Michaelgtrusa
Sep 8, 2011, 10:24 AM
Same here.

Kuray
Sep 8, 2011, 11:24 AM
Same esp. Youtube

killerrobot
Sep 8, 2011, 11:44 AM
+1. I've never had any problems with it using Flash (Hulu for example) but it happens all the time on youtube. So I'm guessing there has to be some buffering problems once a video is paused in HTML5.

echo.park
Sep 8, 2011, 04:14 PM
HTML5 works fine for me. Only Flash does have the issue on my machine.

lynnmutt
Jan 1, 2012, 01:09 PM
I have a new 27" iMac, and I am a iMac newbie. When I try to watch the Pages tutorial, it is choppy (similar to a buffering issue on YouTube). And when I watch YouTube videos, the buffering is constant. Any help?

Ddyracer
Jan 1, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hi,

Everytime I pause a video on youtube and other flash videos (I think), When I click play to resume it doesn't play and i have to click the video time slider to resume the video. This is incredibly annoying. Anyone else get this problem?

i get this all the time. if i puase the vid, come back 5 mins later, i have to move the slider to play. very annoying.