Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exbox

macrumors member
Original poster
just found a funny typo on this site. I attached a photo if the site decides to fix this huge typo.

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 309

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
It's ProMax again, but that site has so many interesting typos lately - it's hard to understand what's going on.

Like before, the body text doesn't look too bad.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
But its funny to see the typos in the specs and not in the price....

LCD iMac for 199.99!!!

D :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
OS X 10.2 for $20000+ wasn't funny enough? :D

I'm not sure if it was ProMax with that error, but I found it funny.

Eventually there will be a uMac in our future at 1.6MHz. :p :p

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
as you can see the [title] is 800GHz...its called puffing up your search engine hits and hopefully seeing results in sales. since the body states clearly that its 800MHz, they would claim no responsibility for the typo. Some businesses just have ZERO ethics.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by sparkleytone
as you can see the [title] is 800GHz...its called puffing up your search engine hits and hopefully seeing results in sales. since the body states clearly that its 800MHz, they would claim no responsibility for the typo. Some businesses just have ZERO ethics.
*cough* Sarcasm in my last post *cough*
Idiot ;) J/k

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
lol i wasnt even addressing you :)

i was just commenting on the complete lack of ethics with some online retailers. to me its an obvious 'mis'print done on purpose.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by sparkleytone
lol i wasnt even addressing you :)

i was just commenting on the complete lack of ethics with some online retailers. to me its an obvious 'mis'print done on purpose.

And Some retailers do it for publisity for people to go to there site.
:) Even better.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
These guys are a riot. :rolleyes: Dual 1.5GHz PowerMacs and 800GHz iMacs. The titles and main listing are consistantly incorrect, but the descriptions are accurate. This can only be hurting their sales, not helping it. I would NEVER buy from an online store that has contradicting specs, even if I knew what the correct ones were. To me it says these guys couldn't care less about accuracy, so they definitely wouldn't get my money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.