PDA

View Full Version : Problem cut from word paste into Quark

jamesdean888
Apr 28, 2005, 05:56 AM
I hope someone can help....

i have recently joined the Mac fraternity and am having a proble with word and quark.... i imagine there is a perfectly simple answer.

I seem to be unable to copy text from word and paste it into Quark files.

When trying to Paste into a text box within a quark file i get the 'ping' sound as it fails to paste.

I am able to cut and paste text from word into other files but not Quark

Any ideas

Blue Velvet
Apr 28, 2005, 06:14 AM
What versions of Word, Quark & OS X are you using?

Can you paste into TextEdit documents?

Can you 'Get Text' OK into the text-box? Apple-E

jamesdean888
Apr 28, 2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the reply

Its quark 6
imag G5
unsure of the word version
Mac os X 10.3

Yes i can paste into the text edit program
Yes i can 'get text' - but that transfers the whole doc into the text box, not selcted parts

???

Blue Velvet
Apr 28, 2005, 06:34 AM
Weird.

You do have the content tool selected when you try to paste, don't you?
Just checking... :)

What about resaving the Word document as a plain text file and trying that?

BTW: I recommend installing the Quark 6.1 & 6.5 updater.

jamesdean888
Apr 28, 2005, 06:40 AM
The problems dont appear to be with the word file....

I will continue to rack my brains, but thanks for the ideas

RAS admin
Apr 28, 2005, 07:12 AM
Pretty sure you need to be running at least Quark 6.1 for Panther 10.3.

jamesdean888
Apr 28, 2005, 08:37 AM
yep that might be the problem...

ill see how it is once updated, thanks

jamesdean888
Apr 29, 2005, 03:53 AM
Thank you to those who offered me advice...

You were right, quark 6 didnt seem to work properly with os x 10.3

once upgraded to quark 6.5 all is going swimmingly

cheers :)

Sparky's
May 25, 2005, 09:34 PM
James, Im not sure what the exact process you used in trying to "Import" text into Quark, but I have never had a problem by (first) creating a text box in Quark then (second) choosing cmnd+e (Get text) while the text box was selected, then format it as necessary.

For any further assistance in DTP I suggest www.prepressforums.com

good luck

narco
May 29, 2005, 05:00 PM
I also had this problem. I had to copy text from word, open a new Safari page and paste the text on the URL bar, select that and copy it before pasting it into Quark. I figured that I don't copy/paste into Quark that often so I'll just let it slide, but when you have to do a long, drawn out process for a relatively simple operation, you begin to notice how frequently you actually need to do it.

Luckily, 6.5 fixed this problem, amongst a sheeeeiiiitload of other problems. Like, who's idea was it to remove the double-click-image-pop-up-window thing? I use that all the time to update images or locate them in the finder. What a dumb move.

Fishes,
narco.

Philippejp78
Feb 1, 2006, 09:31 AM
ok, but what if, someone does not have 6.5 and needs to work on quark and word?

ive run into this problem before and i dont remember how i fixed it. but i did fix it ;[ and now im clueless and i cant seem to fix it while i need to work on something. anyone have any ideas or know-how ?

MikeBrooks806
Mar 9, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm having the same problem (also Quark 6 in OSX). To get around it, I've been saving the text that I want to paste into a separate Word doc, then in Quark, with my cursor placed where I want to paste, I use the "Get Text" function from the File menu, and click on the new Word file that contains only the text that I want to paste. A hassle, but if you don't do it a lot, and you don't want to deal with the Quark Nazis, it works just fine.