PDA

View Full Version : Super Glue

jrtaylor6
Sep 21, 2011, 01:18 PM
I some how got a little bit of super glue on the bottom of my MBA. What would be the best way to get it off. Its going to bother me till I get off.

Thanks,

olemrboston
Sep 21, 2011, 01:22 PM
If it's on the aluminum use goo gone.

Edit: or puck it off with ur finger/ razor.

Macman45
Sep 21, 2011, 01:23 PM
Is damn hard stuff to remove from anything. It dries a White colour, so I can see why it's bugging you, but using anything to remove it is more likely to cause more damage to your MBA.

I hate to say it, but you may well have to live with it.

jrtaylor6
Sep 21, 2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, its on the alumnium part on the bottom. I actually thought about trying to use a little bit of goo gone to see if it could break it up, but was not going to over do it with the goo gone.

qwerf123
Sep 21, 2011, 01:40 PM
When you say you have some on there, is it a blob or is it smeared?

Post a pic!

If its a blob, surely you can pick it off with some force. Bet if you to some hardware/DIY store or look on the internet, you could find some chemical to remove it

Queen6
Sep 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
Acetone will break the SuperGlue bond, however I have no knowledge of what it may do to to the base aluminium. So use acetone sparingly and cautiously apply it sparingly with a Qtip.

Even though SuperGlue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone...

summitRun
Sep 21, 2011, 02:26 PM
How about clear nail polish remover. That has acetone in it and you can use the tiny built-in brush to apply it (sparingly). Use a plastic scrapper with a beveled edge (like a small putty knife)...once it softens gently lift it away.

Do not use a razor blade under any circumstance. No matter how careful you are it will scratch the aluminum.

jrtaylor6
Sep 21, 2011, 02:30 PM
Acetone will break the SuperGlue bond, however I have no knowledge of what it may do to to the base aluminium. So use acetone sparingly and cautiously apply it sparingly with a Qtip.

Even though SuperGlue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone...

I think this is what Im going to try. Because its only like a 1cm diameter so its not that large. Also this seems like the safest thing to try first.

Thanks

candyshell
Sep 21, 2011, 02:37 PM
I some how got a little bit of super glue on the bottom of my MBA. What would be the best way to get it off. Its going to bother me till I get off.

Thanks,

oily nail polish remover should be ok :)

meistervu
Sep 21, 2011, 10:26 PM
MBA is made of anodized aluminum. Find something similar that you don't care about (your friend's MBA :D) and drop some Crazy Glue on it. Let it cure for a day, then try whatever remedy you have.

If all else fail, try adding fresh Crazy Glue to it as Crazy Glue is its own solvent.

alecgold
Sep 22, 2011, 01:28 AM
anodized aluminium is pretty though stuff, acetone won't harm it. If your really worried, get the old iPhone 1st edition out and try it... :D

bluez3
Sep 22, 2011, 04:24 PM
Don't get the acetone on anything plastic or rubber, it will marr it beyond repair.