PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxious Screen Crack

mikeyarbrough
Sep 23, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hey guys,

So I bought a 2 gen. MBA back in February and everything has been fine. When traveling I keep it in a nice sleeve, the whole shebang. This thing survived a month in the Costa Rican rainforest and a backpacking trip through Europe with literally no issues and no damage whatsoever.

I walked from my apartment to campus today with the laptop in the super-cushioned sleeve. Took it out of my bag and there was a ridiculous crack across the entire screen. Looks like a girl's hair is stuck inside of the display. (Obviously isn't, just giving you a visual.)

Nothing happened today, no drops etc. Would I have any grounds to get it replaced for free as I am still under warrantee?

LordVic
Sep 23, 2011, 10:40 AM
Murphy's Law.

sometimes crap just happens! but really sucks dude. warranty?

Adidas Addict
Sep 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
Warranty covers manufacturing defects, whether you can convince apple that it was a defect so long after having the machine is debatable. Generally if a screen has a weakspot enough for it to 'just crack' then it will happen pretty early on.

mikeyarbrough
Sep 23, 2011, 10:50 AM
Warranty covers manufacturing defects, whether you can convince apple that it was a defect so long after having the machine is debatable. Generally if a screen has a weakspot enough for it to 'just crack' then it will happen pretty early on.

True. I have a friend that works in Apple inventory, I'm going to see if he can help me out with that whole pain of a process. (My charger completely frayed out the other week and they gave me grief about replacing it. Can't imagine what they'll do about this.)

----------

Murphy's Law.

sometimes crap just happens! but really sucks dude. warranty?

Yep, thankfully I'm under warrantee for another few months. Hoping this falls under it.