PDA

View Full Version : Any Logitech or Microsoft mouse as smooth as...

tonie
Sep 25, 2011, 11:21 PM
Is there any Logitech or Microsoft mouse that works smooth as Magic Mouse in OSX? My Logitech VX is kinda stutter in OSX even though I have SteerMouse. Sucks OSX is so picky...

alust2013
Sep 25, 2011, 11:24 PM
I have a Logitech LX 8 that works very well, as well as a m505, which isn't quite as smooth, but still definitely usable.

aeboi
Sep 25, 2011, 11:49 PM
My Logitech performance MX mouse has been working flawlessly with Lion and previously with SL

tonie
Sep 26, 2011, 12:08 AM
My Logitech performance MX mouse has been working flawlessly with Lion and previously with SL

Is it as smooth as the trackpad? Do you have to install any softwares?

aeboi
Sep 26, 2011, 12:12 AM
yes, if you choose to use hyper-fast scrolling mode, smooth like butter

Logitech has an OS X program that you install in order to program the mouse buttons to customized actions.

Mayo7
Sep 26, 2011, 12:23 AM
if you're talking about how smoothly you can scroll through websites with the wheel, you just need to install the driver from Logitech.

I use a VX Nano and scrolling through websites sucked until I installed the drivers and configured it the way I like. perfectly smooth now.

tonie
Sep 26, 2011, 12:43 AM
if you're talking about how smoothly you can scroll through websites with the wheel, you just need to install the driver from Logitech.

I use a VX Nano and scrolling through websites sucked until I installed the drivers and configured it the way I like. perfectly smooth now.

I'm not talking about scrolling but the way the cursor moves and how precise it is.

aeboi
Sep 26, 2011, 12:47 AM
Preciseness of the tracking I guess, but either way, no lag here

Mayo7
Sep 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
I'm not talking about scrolling but the way the cursor moves and how precise it is.

Oh, ok. My mouse is working fine in that aspect as well. the cursor moves around just as smoothly as when using the trackpad, but it was like that even before installing drivers.

dennya
Sep 26, 2011, 12:20 PM
I'm using the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TG4BA0?ie=UTF8&tag=datkinnet-20&linkCode=shr&camp=213733&creative=393185&creativeASIN=B000TG4BA0&ref_=sr_1_1&qid=1317057482&sr=8-1) and it's smooth as silk. I didn't install the MS drivers; just using the stock OS X Bluetooth support.

I like it because I prefer a real scroll wheel on a mouse, and its small size and white coloring are a good complement to the MacBook Air's design.