PDA

View Full Version : MX 1000

e˛Studios
May 1, 2005, 02:39 PM
I just picked up one of these to replace my Wireless intellimouse, i must say the difference is DRAMATIC. I love this MX 1000, it was a bit pricey but the accuracy is astounding. Logitech's software seems to be pretty good too! Anyhow just a little plug for a great mouse, now get off the chair and go get one..

-Ed

On a side note i forgot to buy toner...

rickvanr
May 1, 2005, 02:46 PM
It is a great mouse, and tough to boot. My dog got ahold of it one morning, and tried to chew it, but not even a dent.

XIII
May 1, 2005, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately its damn expensive here in the UK.. much more so than the US. Could one of you owners of this mouse do me a massive favour..? ;) Could you take a pic of the usb adaptor, so I can see whether it will do what I want with my iBook.... Thanks. :D

rickvanr
May 1, 2005, 02:57 PM
this helpful?

ravenvii
May 1, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah, the MX1000 is one frickin' awesome mouse. Priciest mouse I've ever bought, and the best mouse I've ever used. Seems like a good deal to me :D

XIII
May 1, 2005, 03:17 PM
this helpful?

Where am I looking? Generally, what I want to see is whether it is like a dongle, like the D Link BT thing, or a wire coming out to another even more external dongel, if you see what I mean. I cant see what I'm looking for it that pic, sorry. :(

homerjward
May 1, 2005, 03:34 PM
just thought i'd post this: sam's club (discount warehouse) has 'em for $59.99 if anyone here's a member. im happy with my mx510, but my next mouse is going to be the bluetooth version of the mx1000 (if it ever comes out.) used a friend's and they're great mice.

Freg3000
May 1, 2005, 03:35 PM
Basically, the MX1000 is god's gift to man. :D

So many customizable buttons...and the battery life. I basically used my computer about 4-6 hours a day, everyday. The battery in the mouse lasts 2 weeks before it needs recharging.

It is a beautiful thing.

e˛Studios
May 1, 2005, 03:52 PM
Basically, the MX1000 is god's gift to man. :D

So many customizable buttons...and the battery life. I basically used my computer about 4-6 hours a day, everyday. The battery in the mouse lasts 2 weeks before it needs recharging.

It is a beautiful thing.

I just got really tired of my mouse being unpredicatable in CS, and Maya.. This will cut down on me cursing at the cursor moving at odd times.

rdowns
May 2, 2005, 05:09 AM
Where am I looking? Generally, what I want to see is whether it is like a dongle, like the D Link BT thing, or a wire coming out to another even more external dongel, if you see what I mean. I cant see what I'm looking for it that pic, sorry. :(

Here are pics of my set up with wires all hidden.

http://homepage.mac.com/rdowns/PhotoAlbum6.html

It has a wire to the base/charging station.

Graeme A
May 2, 2005, 10:15 AM
I have to agree with the comment that this is sent from the Gods. I moved from the standard 1 button Apple mouse that came with the PowerMac and I have to say that I was blown away at the responsiveness of this little thing.

When I first plugged it in, I was amazed that I was going across the 20" screen by moving the mouse an inch or two... Now I am used to it, it's fast, accurate, and it's got more than 1 button!!!!

I used the MS mice with the work PC all the time but this is just so much more, and it was less $$$ than the MS mouse, and best of all, I don't have to keep shelling out for duracells all the time.

I will agree that it was expensive at A$120 or 50 quid but I am so glad I did.

Stella
May 4, 2005, 06:45 PM

I use my MX1000 wirelessly.

I bought the logitech laptop cordless mouse which comes with a small wireless RF reciever.. logitech sells the dongle with several of their mouse now.

The dongle works just fine with MX1000, no wires :-)

gost8go
May 5, 2005, 10:08 AM
I was comparing this mouse to the mx900 which is bluetooth, i.e. no dongles. The mx1000 is cheaper, but I have a powerbook and I really don't want any dongles, wires, bases etc.

cees106
Oct 30, 2006, 05:15 PM
How do I instal this mouse on a mac??

rickvanr
Oct 30, 2006, 06:29 PM
How do I instal this mouse on a mac??

Plug it in. It just works, if you want to program the buttons, you need Logitech Control Centre LCC (Logitech Control Centre) (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8154).