Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone able to get this movie to convert from DVD? I tried Handbrake and RipIt, but they both fail.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
The Handbrake Nightly I just downloaded freezes up scanning title 17 of 99.

MakeMKV seemed to do the job, but I haven't checked the file it created yet. And I've never used MakeMKV before.

Thanks for the help.

obsidian1200

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
I wonder if this is like the case with the Thor disc. There, the solution turned out to be using a trial of MacDVDRipperPro to rip the full disk.

Either way, I hope you were kind enough to let the folks at Ripit know about Transformers :)

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The Handbrake Nightly I just downloaded freezes up scanning title 17 of 99.

MakeMKV seemed to do the job, but I haven't checked the file it created yet. And I've never used MakeMKV before.

Thanks for the help.

Open the DVD in DVD Player, play the movie, go to Go > Title and you'll see the title number associated with the movie track. In Handbrake, use File >Open Source (Title Specific) and input the title number you identified in DVD Player. This workaround to letting Handbrake automatically scan for the title usually works on tougher to crack DVDs.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Open the DVD in DVD Player, play the movie, go to Go > Title and you'll see the title number associated with the movie track. In Handbrake, use File >Open Source (Title Specific) and input the title number you identified in DVD Player. This workaround to letting Handbrake automatically scan for the title usually works on tougher to crack DVDs.

Thanks, title 68 seems to be the main movie. When i scan this as the source it scans OK, but when I start the encode I can hear the disc start spinning, but it never starts. Handbrake just says 1 encode pending, it won't actually start.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Closed everything, tried again, and this method worked. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.