PDA

View Full Version : Got my 11" MBA 4GB - 128GB..Now What?

CC424
Oct 4, 2011, 08:50 PM
Just like the title says. I got it and just like I thought it has the slower Toshiba SSD...I don't think that I would ever notice that it is slower because I only have one MBA, so nothing to compare it to.

I heard of many people taking their MBAs back to get a Samsung drive Not sure if it is worth my time to hassle with taking it back. What's your take on it?

IngerMan
Oct 4, 2011, 09:17 PM
I have had both, one on my 2010 MBA and one on my 2011 MBA. The only way you can tell the difference is running the speed disk test results. If you do enough research you will see the Toshiba actually out performs samsung on small file transfers. So Just keep it and enjoy. Down the road if you want a 3rd party larger SSD blade like OWC, it will be a different bench mark for that as well.

Roller
Oct 4, 2011, 10:24 PM
Now what? Just use and enjoy it!

CC424
Oct 4, 2011, 10:30 PM
I have had both, one on my 2010 MBA and one on my 2011 MBA. The only way you can tell the difference is running the speed disk test results. If you do enough research you will see the Toshiba actually out performs samsung on small file transfers. So Just keep it and enjoy. Down the road if you want a 3rd party larger SSD blade like OWC, it will be a different bench mark for that as well.

I was kinda feeling like that but didn't want to fell like I've been had. Thanks for ur opinion.

kulimer
Oct 4, 2011, 10:40 PM
now buy a sleeve and don't drop it on your feet, chances are your feet will get bruised, nothing will happen to you Mac.

mac jones
Oct 4, 2011, 10:54 PM
There must be a lot of Toshiba drive refurbs :D

eric/
Oct 5, 2011, 02:23 AM
Turn it on?

JHUFrank
Oct 5, 2011, 02:56 AM
+1 on use it and enjoy. Also, less OCD would help ;)

iAppl3Fan
Oct 5, 2011, 03:16 AM
I have both. I don't see a difference in everyday usage.

CC424
Oct 6, 2011, 06:09 AM
Ok....I have turned it on with no problems. Luckily have not dented my foot as of yet.... I may be a little OCD, ok maybe a lot! But I work hard for my cash and just don't want to pay a premium for last year's products. Anyway I'm over it now. I know I will need to upgrade the hard drive eventually so it's not a huge deal. Thanks for your comments.

onthecouchagain
Oct 6, 2011, 09:35 AM
To be perfectly honest, I find myself using my Air very little--far less than I thought I would. I expected to take it everyday to class and whatnot, but frankly, it's easier to write notes by hand.

I guess, just enjoy your Air.